- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/22
- One Extra-Low Dispersion Element
- Double Linear AF Motor
- Focus Hold Button; AF/MF Switch
- Nine-Blade Circular Diaphragm
- Weather-Resistant Design
The Sony 85mm FE f/1.8 is a well-made, small lens for Sony cameras that is great for portrait photography. The lens is constructed using an E Mount and is intended to function with all Full frame Sony cameras. Additionally, it functions flawlessly with all Sony APS-C E Mount cameras. The lens is especially helpful in low light because it has a larger aperture. The larger aperture of the 85mm f/1.8 results in amazing depth of field and gorgeous bokeh in your portrait photographs. Nine circular bladed diaphragms located inside the lens help create a bokeh that is of exceptionally high quality.
A Double Linear motor AF is also included in the lens, which helps you focus on your subject smoothly and precisely. You may switch from autofocus to manual focus by pressing a button. The lens is completely weatherproof. Knowing that the Sony 85mm won't be harmed by rain or dust makes using it simple.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture helps working in challenging lighting circumstances and provides for fine-tuned depth of field management.
- The optical design includes one extra-low dispersion element that works to reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved picture clarity and color accuracy.
When using selective focus techniques, a rounded nine-blade diaphragm adds to a beautiful bokeh effect.